I’m working on the next version of whatsikat and here’s on my to-do list:
1. Make a logo! I’ve been asking my great artist friends but they’re too busy to help me out. Boo. I’m not much of a designer but I’ll give it my best shot. I’m currently toying with the “pawikan on sun” or the “inverted heart” designs…
2. Add “anchor” links to the top of the page that point to the different sections of the page. This tells new visitors about the different sections without them having to scroll down.
3. Frequently Asked Questions – Kaso lang, nobody’s asking! hehehe.
4. “Promote Whatsikat” page – Icons, banners, graphics that you can put on your blog to show your support.
5. Mobile versions optimized for the iPhone, Wii, PS and PSP.
6. A “subscribe” page to subscribe to each of the sections’ RSS feed similar to what I did for the celebrity bloggers section.
7. A “submit new blog” feature that will let visitors suggest new blogs to include in each section.
8. I also need to figure out a way to determine which sections are the most popular and how often people click on the “more” or “expand all” links.(done! finished on jan 20!)
Bring! It! On!